Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vaccinations

Today my little angel had her first round of vaccinations. A word I have DREADED since the day I found out I was pregnant. The media is so negative and has scared me to death about these shots. She has to have them though... so is all I can do is pray that everything is ok. She did wonderful and hardly cried (it could be because she was snuggled up in daddy's arms when they were given to her). Daddy was protecting her so it wasn't that bad... daddy just adores her so much. It melts my heart!

My fear of her not getting enough from nursing was answered today...
Dr. Wilson said she is growing beautifully... and that she is! She is 24 and 1/2 inches and 11 pounds and 11 ounces. She is 50% percent for weight and 75% for height. With her oh so tiny head at 30%. Her head is so tiny and she has the most perfect dainty features and chubby little cheeks. She is just perfect in every way. God has blessed us!

3 comments:

Kelle said...

Poor widdle baby! She is getting just more beautiful every day! The vaccinations never get better...I always have butterflies in my tummy the night before because I'm so sad for what's coming...even though they get over it so fast!

Samantha said...

Yeah, I am so happy she survived the shots with flying colors. I can't imagine how hard it is to see your baby in pain or upset!! Those pictures are so adorable. I love her little grin like she knows more than we think she does!

Heidi said...

it is tough...wish i could say it gets easier, but i'm not sure it does. u just know you are doing what is best for them, that is what gets me though it...that and a little Motrin and bribery french fries and ice cream!!! HAHA Hey, i do what i have to do...lol